Friday, April 20, 2012

I drank coffee and read old books, and waited for the year to end.

So so stiflingly hot. I think even the mozzies have arrested activity. About time, I've been eaten alive for the past few days. Spent the night watching the lightning flash in the distance. I don't think I've ever seen so much lightning in my life before.

So we're done with M3. A slightly anti-climax end. In which I just came home and slept. As usual, bone deep sleep. All that's left is to get through the finals. Desperately hoping I would have studied enough to have some semblance of substance behind the whole show that we put up for the examiners. If all else fails, I will just smile and smile. Exams will be held in the new MD6 building. I've said this before but the juniors are ridiculously fortunate to have such facilities.

I need this to end. Then I can read some books and see some places that make me feel alive.

And ahh, such an exponential growth this year. Went for a run just now and met a friend, both of us lazily decided to abandon our run in favour of a long long walk home. Discussed how much we've learnt. And neither of us mentioned it but it hung somewhere in the air that we've changed so much from who we were to what we are. Within a year. Somewhere along this tumultuous, grey path there's been bouts of life that I suppose will nurture us into the people we will become. With luck, we'll end up as well balanced people with some ability to love.

I don't think I have any greater idea of what I want. I only know that it's much much harder to be a generalist that a specialist. And I think I will be taking the easy way out.



Run for your life, my love.

No comments: