Saturday, December 03, 2011

2. WHAT I AM NOT

I hope I know by the end of this year.

My December playlist is rather short. Composed of songs that have shaped my entire year. Including one or two that I couldn't bear to play at some point or another.

Sadly, we didn't manage to take pictures with some tutors who really shaped our surg experience=( Mr Tan TJ and Jude Lee and Reyaz and etc etc. The last day was spent languishing away, finding tutors, waiting for tutors and ended with a rather solemnly sweet note.

 Happy underwear.

 It is a nice name.

 calls.

 Vic Vicky Victoria.

 Owe him a long teary speech after we pass MBBS. 

 I am friends with Prof Low. Heee.
 A cutely confused prof. (pun hahaha)

 Viv lupsup Prof.

 Free bread and drinks.

Poo nurses. 




I remember turning 21 and scrubbing in and he was banging his head against the wall going "arghh 21!". It's true, we're young, we have a long way ahead of us. 
And making TTJ laugh at our misconceptions of catheterisation. 
Being called "good good good... students" by Jude Lee.
Many others.
It's not been all sunshine. And medicine will never be. Seeing my patient come in to be diagnosed with gastric ca and then pass away within a month. 
Academically I don't think I achieve what I wanted but I suppose the gauge of a good doctor is not by grades alone.

I think we survive on the happy small things. I hope to work with all of them again in the future. And next time, to give more than I take. 

For the past few months I've been slowly picking me up, gathering pieces here and there that I left behind. It's time to tie up some loose ends and pull the rest of me together. 

the downtown trains are full with all those brooklyn girls.

No comments: